Re: local_domains

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Rob Lingelbach
CC: Adrian Bool, Jim Gottlieb, exim-users
Subject: Re: local_domains
On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Rob Lingelbach wrote:

> 'local_domains' then needs to include a list of all the local hosts?

No! Well, not necessarily. It depends on how you want to handle them.
Anything in local_domains is handled by the directors; anything else is
handled by the routers. You *can* handle other hosts in your network that
you are hubbing for either way, but "normally" one would use a router
(probably a domainlist router) and keep local_domains for those domains
that you are doing end-delivery for on this host.

> This is what I have just found to be necessary for local delivery
> (unless I have something else set up wrong...I, like the original
> poster Jim, am also setting up exim for the first time, moving away
> from smail-3).

I'm going to try to make it clearer in the next manual, but I'm afraid
there are only so many working hours in the day...