Re: Is there a way to not require reverse IP resolution?

Author: Dan Birchall
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Is there a way to not require reverse IP resolution?
Adrian Bool wrote:

> Put the ip address if her SMTP server in your hosts file ?

Adrian also added:

> Actually, not sure sure if it will work - kinda curious
> though ;-)

Well, I stuck it in /etc/hosts, and modified /etc/host.conf
to have the system look there first. That is *not* normal,
ya know - it's usually bind-then-hosts, now I've got it as
hosts-then-bind - but there are few enough entries in
/etc/hosts that I doubt it'd cause much trouble. I also
did this for another host from which I know someone was
having trouble getting mail through to one of our
clients. Now I just have to see if she can get mail
through.

Further suggestions remain welcome.

-Dan

--
Dan Birchall - Internet Sysadmin, 16 Straight Communications
520 Fellowship Road, Suite A-112, Mount Laurel NJ 08054-3400