Exim & Relay control

Author: Evan Leibovitch
To: exim-users
Subject: Exim & Relay control

Hi, this is my first message on the list (new to exim but 15 years in
Unix) and I need a bit of clarification on the way exim 1.71 handles
relays.

I have a system, (let's say gate.fubar.com) that routes to both a local
Ethernet and a PPP link to the rest of the world. This system is to run
exim, and is the MX forwarder for the fubar.com domain.

I want to deny all relays *except* from other systems on the local
network. That is, I want to be able to allow other.fubar.com to punt mail
to 'gate' for sending wherever.

As I read section 44.5 of the manual on relaying, setting 'relay_domains'
has to do with the *recipients* of relays, not senders -- so it does not
appear to be the solution here.

Do I have to set 'sender_net_accept_relay' to fubar.com *and* set
'sender_host_accept_relay' to * ? Or is having fubar.com in
'local_domains' good enough?

Thanks for any help.

- Evan