Re: Complaints to sysadmins of all sites

Author: John Bolding
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Complaints to sysadmins of all sites
>From: Jay Denebeim <denebeim@???>
>To: exim-users@???
>
>John,
>
> I didn't realize you were here. It's your filter I'm using... How did
>you get around the fact that EXIM doesn't have a way to get at all the
>headers? Your code doesn't reflect that.
>
>Jay

Do you mean the secondary set of headers? I just assume everything
below the first set is forged and I (mostly) ignore them.

Typically, the filter sends "YOUR SPAM HAS BEEN REJECTED" email to:

${sender_address}

abuse@${sender_address_domain}
postmaster@${sender_address_domain}
root@${sender_address_domain}

postmaster@${sender_host_name}
abuse@${sender_host_name}
root@${sender_host_name}

There is a condition: some very tricky SPAM I get appears to
have come from our own domains! In which case the filter
only sends email to the last set of these using the ${sender_host_name}.

Jay, is this what you meant or did I misunderstand your question?

-cc