Complaints to sysadmins of all sites

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Bolding
A: exim-users
Asunto: Complaints to sysadmins of all sites
>From: Tom <tom@???>
>Subject: Re: A few problems
>
>On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Jay Denebeim wrote:
>:                                             I've got a nice little
>: anti-spam filter that complains to the sysadmins of all of the sites
>: involved in the spam.

> Don't do that. An e-mail message can only come from one place.
>Determine where that is, and send your complaint there. It drives me
>crazy getting bogus complaints CC'ed to over 20 recipients.
>
>Tom

I don't know about "bogus complaints", but complaining to the ISP,
and sometimes the ISP's ISP, and even to the "uninvolved" ISP who
is only supplying the web space listed IN the SPAM __does__ work.

I CC to as many as I can: abuse@, root@, postmaster@, etc at
the "involved" sites. And, the exim filter does this for me
automagically for sites and users that are known SPAMmers.

For example, I just got this back from a totally uninvolved ISP who was
merely hosting the web space that a SPAMmer pointed to:

>From abuse@??? Fri Oct 03 09:42:20 1997
>To: john@???

>:  POSTMASTER@???: Are you aware that one of your users
>:              http:[ snip snip snip ]
>:       is sending out SPAM on the net pointing to your web space?

>We are suspending this users account because of this
>behavior. If you have any further questions, please let us know.
>
>                Webcom Abuse Dept

For sites involved in SPAM, I want to make as much
noise as possible in the hopes someone will oil the wheel.

-cc