Confusion in getting .forward filter to work

Author: F. Jacot Guillarmod
To: exim-users
Subject: Confusion in getting .forward filter to work

Yet more confusion on my part, this time in setting up and using exim
filters in my personal .forward file.

I'm subscribed to several mailing lists, and would like to process the
incoming mail from these in different ways.

Here's an extract from the offending .forward configuration:

==============================
# Exim filter            <<== do not edit or remove this line

if error_message then finish endif

# Mail from support system
if $header_subject contains "[Help #"
then
save $home/Mail/in.support

# Mail from squid mailing list
elif $header_subject contains "squid-users-digest"
then
deliver "<ru-list-squid@???>"

# Mail from rem-conf mailing list
elif $header_Return-path: contains "rem-conf-request"
then
deliver "<ru-list-rem-conf@???>"
endif

# Stuff to be thrown away
if $header_subject contains "Warning From uucp"
then
seen finish
endif

The confusion is that everything works perfectly, except the entry dealing
with "rem-conf-request" (and variations on this). I've used "exim -bf"
to test the configuration, and it says it will do the right things,
but in real life mail from this list stubbornly drops through into my incoming
mail box.

Any ideas welcome!

Regards,
--
F.F. Jacot Guillarmod - Information Technology - Rhodes University - Grahamstown
      Internet: Jacot@???  Phone: +27 461 318284 Fax: +27 461 27764