Offline mail system

Author: Andrew Alston
To: exim-users
Subject: Offline mail system
Hi, I am busy setting up a rather strange system and I thought perhaps
someone could tell if exim is the way to go with this one, and if it can
support such a system as this.

Basically what I want to do is this:

I have a exim mail server, and I have a dial up box, the dialup box has to
dial long distance to send and retrieve mail, so what I need it to do is
this.

It dials into the internet, into our modem racks, and then pulls all its
mail off our boxes, using something like fetchmail, when it dials up on
the cron, so far thats easy. But the difficult part comes when they are
running a exim mail daemon on there box, they send mail from there lan,
and I need it to spool on the mail server there, when the box dials up
into our systems, it needs to send that mail onto our exim mail server
which will then do world wide delivery of the mail. Telling exim to send
the mail to all over the world when its dialed up is not a problem, but I
need exim to spool the mail on the other mail server, which is then gonna
use its exim mail daemon to deliver it world wide, to save on phone costs,
is there any way to do this?

I.E system looks like this

Dialup Machine           Exim mail server         World Wide systems
Running Exim             (Dedicated line)

All mail from outside spools on the dedicated server, the dialup server
then retrieves it. All mail from the dialup server gets put onto the main
server and then delivered, if we can get this working.

Anyway, Thanks

Andrew Alston
(Gateway Head Administrator)