Some simple questions...I think

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Some simple questions...I think
I've had a bit of a bash at the following problems but seem to be getting
nowhere - reading the manual again may help, but I thought I'd ask you lot
first. Lazy I know :-) We are running Exim 1.70.

1) I'm trying to allow the expn command for the localhost only. I've tried
setting "smtp_expn_host = @", and "smtp_expn_host = "@:localhost", and
similarly with the domain name tagged on, but when I telnet to the system
(from itself) it states that EXPN is not available. If I put the full system
name in ("argus.plymouth.ac.uk") then it works. What gives?

2) I want to set a retry rule for the localhost when quotas are exceeded.
Again I thought I may be able to use "@", or "@.plymouth.ac.uk" but exim
panics about these (apologies I don't have the error msg in front of me). If
I use the systems full name it works fine.

3) If I enable the EXPN command (see 1 above) and then "telnet localhost 25".
the HELP command doesn't show EXPN as being available. Is this right? It may
be true for ETRN as well - I haven't tried it.

Thanks in advance for any help,

John.