Re: Routers injecting item into director chain?

Author: Dr. Rich Artym
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Routers injecting item into director chain?
In message <19970908141358.24007@???>, John Henders writes:

> On Mon, Sep 08/97, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
> >
> > It might even turn out to be easy to cause "self" simply to set a flag
> > saying "treat this address as local even though it isn't in local_domains".
>
> This would work quite nicely I think. It would make virtual mail even
> easier to do with.

Yes indeed, I think that would do it. It might be worthwhile asserting
at the same time a boolean variable something like $was_routed so that a
director can detect that the source was a router, and I suppose a string
variable carrying the router name might help too, for completeness.

Talking about virtual domain handling, is there no alternative to
dropping on the floor the value returned by a lookup in a "domains"
director guard? If this were returned in a string variable available
within the matching director instance then we could avoid any further
expensive disk accesses by using $extract on the looked up value.
That would allow very generic table-driven directors to be created
without sacrificing efficiency.

Rich.
--
###########  Dr. Rich Artym  ================  PGP public key available