Re: Relay question

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Wayne Folta
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Relay question
On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Wayne Folta wrote:

> I thought I was stopping relaying by using sender_host_accept_relay and/or
> sender_host_reject_relay. Unfortunately, it appears to have rejected
> "relays" for local (virtual host) users:
>
>    1997-09-06 20:13:02 refused relay (host accept) to
> tech-leader@???
>    from <owner-mysql@???> H=analytik.analytikerna.se
> [192.58.197.10]

> Note that "frontline.to" is one of four domains in local_domains.

But that message was addressed to "tech-leader@???",
where the domain is "server1.frontline.to", not "frontline.to". Exim
does not automatically play second-guessing games of chopping up
domains. If you want that to happen, specify

local_domains = *.frontline.to

["Domain" in mail usage means the *whole thing* after the @, not all but
the first component.]