Re: About Return-receipt-to

Author: Nick Waterman
CC: Jose Roberto Bulcao
Subject: Re: About Return-receipt-to
Jose Roberto Bulcao said:
> I've checked that "as-is" Exim ignores the "Return-receipt-to:" header.

Yup. Jolly good. I'm glad.

Return-receipt-to was invented for debugging purposes, but has been
totally abused by loads of recent (mostly pc) mailers. Some mailers even
ask for receipts BY DEFAULT...

</RANT>

> Does anybody knows if is it possible to define a driver to treat this
> header as sendmail does? We are using Exim v.1.62.

If you absolutely must... I'd suggest you use a filter file containing
something like:

        # Exim filter file. see documentation.
        if ($header_Return-receipt-to contains "@") then
          unseen pipe "/my/script/which/does/receipts"
        endif

--
Nick Waterman, Network Manager, Cimio Ltd.
nick@??? nick@??? G7RZQ @ GB7DEO.#32.GBR.EU