Re: Upgrading to 1.70

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andrew Alston
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Upgrading to 1.70
On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Andrew Alston wrote:

> Hi just a quick question, if I compile and upgrade to 1.70, will I be able
> to just stick in the binary and run, without redoing my entire
> configuration file? The reason I ask is cause I cant afford to have our
> mail server down if the new config file is incorrect or something. (Its
> an ISP mail server).

A quick answer: Yup!

A longer answer: I hope so. That is the intention, and I believe other
people have upgraded that way. Of course, it's a good idea to run some
tests when you install the new binary, just in case. And don't forget to
SIGHUP your Exim daemon in order to get it to reload the new binary.
Oh, and also notice that there is one small patch to 1.70.