Re: Stopping SPAM to the exim users list

Author: Manar Hussain
To: Greg A. Woods
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Stopping SPAM to the exim users list
>The other problem that will grow dramatically is that people will often
>post from different places depending on what they happen to be doing at
>the moment. I.e. they'll be using different mail relay gateways whether
>they be at the office, at home, on the road, driving in their car, etc.
>The envelope sender address will be (or already is) useless for
>verifying the subscriber status.

I'd say the a *single* sender address is rapidly becoming less useful but I
don't think it is unreasonable for users to be asked to "register" all the
different "mail identities" they wish to use to post from where these are
used just to spot a valid post and not (necessarily) to be receive the list
traffic.

I keep thinking - "is this an exim-users" thread but keep feeling that if
we're talking about moving it or changing the way it runs then I guess it
is ... I and several other are happy to assist should changes be desired
but the more fundamental question is how do we decide if they are?

Manar

PS (I slept funny last night and one side of my hair has come up pointy so
I might be in "half" pointy hair boss going all red tape mode :)