Re: hub/client configuration

Author: Nick Waterman
To: welty
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: hub/client configuration
Richard Welty allegedly said:
> thus, it appears that i need three configurations -- standard client,
> ex-hub, and hub; hub is finished and working. how do people generally
> set these other types of situations up?

My "client" or "satellite" systems look a bit like this... They send ALL
mail, INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL, to the mailhost, where all our mailboxes
reside. The mailboxes are then served by nfs or pop-3 to all the other
machines...

--------8<----------8<-------- Cut here --------8<----------8<--------

# Global config...

qualify_domain = cimio.co.uk
local_domains =

# [plus all the other usual stuff]

end

# Transports...

# Well, there ARE no local deliveries, theoretically, so I probably
# don't need any apart from smtp? I've actually left all the default
# ones in though.

smtp:
driver = smtp;

end

# Directors

# again, no local deliveries happen, so I probably don't need ANY of
# these? egen so, I left localuser...

localuser:
driver = localuser,
transport = local_delivery;

end

# Routers

# route everything via mailhost.

go_via_mailhost:
driver = domainlist,
transport = smtp;
route_list = "* mailhost byname"

end

# Retry

# whatever...
end

# Rewrite

# whatever...

# This exim configure file has been brought to you by the number pi and
# the letter gamma.

--
Nick Waterman, Network Manager, Cimio Ltd.
nick@??? nick@??? G7RZQ @ GB7DEO.#32.GBR.EU