Re: Adding Custom Headers

Author: Scott Stevens
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Adding Custom Headers
Philip Hazel writes:

> The forthcoming release has the ability to add/remove
> headers per *transport*, [ SNIP ]

Ooh... This sounds interesting. What sort of expansions can be used in
these added headers?

What I'm really after is the ability to add an analogue of the

The reason this is wanted is to have access to the original envelope
from the headers of the message regardless of the final delivery
MTA's configuration. This will allow any user to report spam to us and
we'll easily be able to ascertain the original sender for future
rejection.

Also will there be any control over what happens when a header of the
type being added already exists? I'd like to see the following:

o Add new header and keep old header aswell
o Add new header, replacing old header
o Keep old header and don't add a new one.

Thoughts/Comments ?

 > Philip Hazel                   University Computing Service,

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
"Dan Marino should die of gonorrhoea and rot in hell. Would you like a