Re: Problem with exim and fetchmail. (fwd)

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Victor Torrico
CC: rlb, exim-users
Subject: Re: Problem with exim and fetchmail. (fwd)
On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Victor Torrico wrote:

> > Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't do it. It's not
> > complaining about the source, but rather the destination when
> > fetchmail contacts exim for the SMTP transfer. I even tried
> > receiver_verify=FAlse and qualify_recipient=3Dlocalhost with no luck.
> >
> > Here's some relevant bits from my /etc/exim.conf:
> >
> > qualify_domain =3D raven.localhost
> > local_domains =3D raven.localhost
> > receiver_unqualified_nets =3D 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
> >
> > If it matters (and it might), this machine normally has a dynamic
> > connection to the internet (and a Dynamic IP), so I have bind/resolv
> > set up to think this machine is under the (bogus) "localhost" domain.

I suspect that is the problem. If fetchmail is contacting Exim from an
IP address that is not part of 192.168.0.0 then Exim won't like
unqualified addresses.

> > I've read the mini/Dynamic-IP-Hacks HOWTO, and their suggestions
> > caused the same exim SMTP failures. I've also tried "localhost" and
> > "localhost:raven.localhost" for each of the above variables without
> > success.

Have you tried

receiver_unqualified_hosts = localhost    ?

Of course, you could always set

receiver_unqualified_hosts = *

but then you are opening yourself up to the whole world.