Re: how can i fight __this__ Spam?

Author: John Henders
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: how can i fight __this__ Spam?
On Sat, Aug 09/97, John Bolding <john@???> wrote:

> 1997-08-08 09:32:48 0wwry3-0007AB-00 <= <> H=germany.it.earthlink.net
>    [204.250.46.123] P=esmtp S=1886
>    id=199708081634.JAA15015@???

In this case, I believe there's nothing exim can do except refuse mail
from earthlink completely. Pity. Someone here put earthlink in our
rejects file, but we had to take it out as customers complained. The
only other thing you can do is use seen finish in filter to drop the
mail on the floor so at least you don't waste resources trying to bounce
the darn things.

I do believe, however, that these spammer's use of every trick in the
book to get around blocks at sites that clearly do not want their spam
will eventually be their undoing.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.