Re: how can i fight __this__ Spam?

Author: John Bolding
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: how can i fight __this__ Spam?
> From exim-users-request@??? Sat Aug 09 16:35:04 1997
    > From: John Henders <jhenders@???>
    > To: exim-users@???
    > Subject: Re: how can i fight __this__ Spam?
    >
    > Clever. Was the mail from: line really just an unqualified MAILER DAEMON
    > when it reached you?

Yes. MAILER-DAEMON was the "From" line (no colon).
The "From:" line (with colon) had the spammer name and phone number.

    > Anyway, if you are using the exim
    > filter, shouldn't
    >
    > $h_X-Mailer contains "Mailcast"

    > match it?

    > Unfortunately if the mail makes it to filter then it's bounced rather
    > than refused and very few of these are ever replyable. I'd like to see

Yes. And I installed this already, but, as you say, its not replyable.

    > I'd like to see
    > the accept line from your mainlog message on this one to see if there is
    > something matchable for a reject.

1997-08-08 09:32:48 0wwry3-0007AB-00 <= <> H=germany.it.earthlink.net
[204.250.46.123] P=esmtp S=1886
id=199708081634.JAA15015@???

---------

I guess one thing to do is to start to reply, but
"seen finish" it if the reply-to-address evaluates
to our own domain.

Any other ideas on combating this noise?

Is there any way to not accept email unless it is replyable
while at the same time letting sender-relay mechanism know about it?