Re: MX problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chris Thompson
Cc: Warner Losh, exim-users
Asunto: Re: MX problems
On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Chris Thompson wrote:

> A host should never send a message to a host with MX values >= its own.
> There *were* bugs in Exim in this area, but only in the case of multiple
> MX records of the same priority, and I think they were fixed by 1.60 anyway.
>
> It seems possible that something is wrong with rover's self-recognition,
> so that it doesn't realise that the second MX record refers to it.

There were problems specific to FreeBSD and some other BSD systems. They
were not fixed till 1.62, so I suspect they are the cause of this. The
ChangeLog entry for 1.62 says:

28. BSD systems can return structures of a non-standard length on the
SIOCGIFCONF ioctl (used for finding all local interface addresses). The
contained sockaddr structure may be longer than its sizeof, and there's a field
containing the length. If HAVE_SA_LEN is defined, code to use this is compiled.
This macro is set by default for BSD systems.

Philip