Re: exim setup again

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: richard welty
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: exim setup again
On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, richard welty wrote:

> i seem to be 95% of the way to having a working basic set up.
> i set use_lockfile=false for the local_delivery transport, which cleared
> up the locking problems.

That is OK provided (a) you are not delivering into NFS-mounted
directories from more than one host simultaneously, and (b) all your
MUAs use fcntl() locking rather than lock files.

> i'm having trouble with my majordomo setup; it may be a DNS problem
> rather than an exim configuration problem. i'm not at all clear on why
> it's doing the following:
>
> 1997-07-10 02:57:31 indy-approval@???: lookuphost
> router deferred: lowest numbered MX record points to local host
> *** Frozen ***

To check out what is going on here, run

exim -d9 -bt indy-approval@???

This will show the processing of the address including which directors
and routers it is passing through and how it is aliased, etc.

> indy-approval is defined in /etc/aliases as the following:
>
> indy-approval: rwelty

Does rwelty have a .forward file? Does it happen to include
indy-approval@???? If so, there is a logical loop
here, which Exim is avoiding by not processing the same address with the
same director more than once. See comments in section 8 of the filter
documentation.