Re: exim setup again

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: richard welty
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: exim setup again
Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, richard welty wrote:
>
> > i tried Phillip's suggestion. it was interesting. it pointed out a
> > mistake in my configuration, but after i fixed that, still no local
> > delivery. i'm not clear on why it decides to defer delivery at all.
>
> That "Segmentation fault" is worrying. What release of Exim are you
> using?

1.62

> My suspicion from this is that there is a problem with the db/retry
> file. One way of verifying this is simply to delete all the files in
> the spool/db directory.

looks like you're probably right. berkeley 1.85 issues would appear to
be the problem.

> [The documentation for the next release of Exim contains a long essay
> about different DB libraries and the problems in using them.]

based on my experiences to date, that will be an excellent addition to
the documentation.

anyway, i discovered that USE_DB was not set in my Local/Makefile
(actually, it didn't appear to be documented in a way that i would have
run across), so i set that, and i deleted the contents of
/var/spool/exim/db. no more seg fault, but now i'm getting file locking
problems:

lock name: /var/spool/mail/rwelty.lock
hitch name:
/var/spool/mail/rwelty.lock.krusty1.krusty-motorsports.com.33c46c40.00003eb7
local_delivery transport returned DEFER
added retry item for T:rwelty@???: errno=13 0
post-process rwelty@???
LOG: 0 MAIN
== rwelty@??? T=local_delivery defer (13):
Permission denied: creating lock file hitching post
/var/spool/mail/rwelty.lock.krusty1.krusty-motorsports.com.33c46c40.00003eb7
search_tidyup called
>>> Remote deliveries >>>

tidying up after delivering 0wlWBN-00008N-00
set_process_info: 16054 1.62 tidying up after delivering
0wlWBN-00008N-00
Processing retry items
Succeeded addresses:
Failed addresses:
Deferred addresses:
rwelty@???
opened DB file /var/spool/exim/db/retry: flags=42 fd = 4
locked
retry for T:rwelty@??? = *
Writing retry data for T:rwelty@???
first failed=868510656 last try=868510784 next try=868511684 expired=0
error 13 0: Permission denied
end of retry processing
delivery defered: update_spool=0 header_changed=0
end delivery of 0wlWBN-00008N-00
#

--
                     http://www.inet-solutions.net/
new work email                             old work email (still valid)