Re: exim setup again

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: richard welty
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Filter on time of day
Asunto: Re: exim setup again
On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, richard welty wrote:

> i tried Phillip's suggestion. it was interesting. it pointed out a
> mistake in my configuration, but after i fixed that, still no local
> delivery. i'm not clear on why it decides to defer delivery at all.

That "Segmentation fault" is worrying. What release of Exim are you
using?

My suspicion from this is that there is a problem with the db/retry
file. One way of verifying this is simply to delete all the files in the
spool/db directory.

What DB library are you using? Is it Berkeley DB 1.85? If so, have
you set USE_DB=yes in the building configuration? If not, have you
installed the ndbm.h header file from the DB 1.85 distribution
correctly? (Getting this wrong can cause lock failures and database
corruption.)

[The documentation for the next release of Exim contains a long essay
about different DB libraries and the problems in using them.]

'Fraid I'm going home fairly soon now...

Philip