Re: Exim/Linux/setreuid problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steven Clarke
A: John Henders
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Exim/Linux/setreuid problem
On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, John Henders wrote:

> Is there some security reason that stops you from making
> /etc/exim/email2username world readable?? I agree that exim should
> probably switch back to it's own id at that point but I guess no one
> noticed before because everyone has these files readable.

I've considered it but it would upset quite a users. Users get to choose
their username and set their finger information so they are essentially
anonymous within the system. For a number of reason (including a few
complaints), a policy that all outgoing email must be marked
"firstname.surname@..." was implemented. Making those files readable would
give away identities...

I try and avoid the politics of the situation and just implement the
solutions.

Steve Clarke