Reverse DNS lookups

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: mgriffit
A: EXIM-USERS
Asunto: Reverse DNS lookups

Hello

Can somebody please answer the following question?

Is it possible to configure Exim to do 'reverse DNS lookup' verification on
incoming SMTP hosts. Our current setup using PP has this enabled, so will reply
with a 421 error causing:

    PP cannot resolve address. 'nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn'
    ...Deferred: Connection reset by peer ..........

Since we are looking at moving to Exim on our main mail server it would
be nice to know it can also perform this function (if I get queried on it).
It may be that we do not enforce this if we implement Exim anyway. I have
looked at the manual pages but may have misunderstood or missed something.

Thanks

Martyn Griffiths
Network Services
University of Glamorgan