Re: receiver_verify question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Thompson
A: david
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: receiver_verify question
David Miller writes:

> Is there some way to verify recipients for local users but not remote
> ones?

Surely: specify verify=no on all your router definitions, but verify=yes
on (at least some of) your director definitions. Of course, this will
affect "exim -bv" as well as {sender,recipient}_verify.

> Right now, if I turn the option on, a customer with a 200 user BCC list
> and eudora has exim validating all 200 users as they're entered. Hosts
> which are temporarily unavailable (or have dns lookup problems) will make
> eudora abort the whole process, requiring the eudora user to strip the
> bad recipients out and start over:(

IMHO, if MUAs like Eudora are going to pretend to be MTAs, they have to
do it properly, and accept the fact that some RCPT commands may succeed
and others fail for the same message, and produce proper reports for the
end-user about it.

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.