Re: Exim list speed boost?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason Bain
A: Lee McLoughlin
Cc: pashdown, exim-users
Asunto: Re: Exim list speed boost?
RE:

> > I've got this list owner driving me up a wall because some members of his
> > list don't get distributed messages until up to 14 hours later. The list
> > has 8500 members!!
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions for parallelizing delivery of this list
> > through exim?
>
> We only have tiddly lists so I've not tried this but our computer center
> were using bulk_mailer to break up single massive majordomo lists. This
> made exim a lot happier.

Yes, we use bulk_mailer, with a few modifications, on our mailing list server.
Exim/majordomo appear to be happy with this, and it has the added advantage
of being capable of deleting some of those mailing list unfriendly headers
that some mail user agents enjoy sending.

Jason Bain,
IC Computer Centre.

--
Jason N. Bain, Centre for Computing Services, Imperial College, London SW7 2BX.
Telephone:(0171) 594 6974 Fax:(0171) 594 6958 Electronic mail:J.N.Bain@???