Re: Exim list speed boost?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Lee McLoughlin
A: Pete Ashdown
Cc: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: Exim list speed boost?
Pete Ashdown wrote:

> I've got this list owner driving me up a wall because some members of his
> list don't get distributed messages until up to 14 hours later. The list
> has 8500 members!!
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for parallelizing delivery of this list
> through exim?

We only have tiddly lists so I've not tried this but our computer center
were using bulk_mailer to break up single massive majordomo lists. This
made exim a lot happier.

There is a copy in:
    sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk packages/mail/bulk_mailer/

Here is a note from the majordomo FAQ:

If your lists are very large you may try installing bulk_mailer, by
Keith Moore. It pre-sorts the list into chunks grouped by site, and
passes the resulting
chunks off to individual sendmail processes for delivery (see note next
paragraph). Get it from ftp://cs.utk.edu/pub/moore/bulk_mailer/. It
installs simply by
replacing your usual -outgoing alias with (line wrapped for clarity):

sample-outgoing: |"/path/to/bulk_mailer owner-sample@???
    /path/to/lists/sample"

--
Lee McLoughlin.                         Phone: +44 171 594 8388
IC-Parc, Imperial College,              Fax:   +44 171 594 8432