stats programs...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alan Thew
A: Exim List
Asunto: stats programs...
Although we currently run exim 1.61 on 2 machines, we run PP (MMTA 2.0) on
our main hubs. I really like the stat logs from PP in that while large,
they are trivial to post process.

Exim's logs are like sendmail's with an inbound entry and a delivery
entry. This data is available as one line with PP and requires no matching
of inbound/outbound records etc.

Is there an easy way to process logs for a month for example, given that
we currently cut a log every day, or can I hack the Cambridge perl program
and run it on one huge file (on a machine with plenty of CPU/memory)? What
do other sites do, especially those who run/used to run PP? We are looking
for things like time to deliver for example.

Thanks for any help.

--
Alan Thew                                       alan.thew@???
Computing Services,University of Liverpool      Fax: +44 151 794-4442