Re: exim 1.60 and majordomo

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nick Waterman
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: exim 1.60 and majordomo
On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Nick Waterman wrote:

> Philip Hazel allegedly said:
>
> > I see your point about checking the prefix/suffix as well. I
> > guess it won't do any harm, because even if a director isn't using the
> > prefix or suffix, it would still only go round twice in a looping
> > context, for example if "prefix-user" got turned into "user", running it
> > through again would produce "user" and so it wouldn't run it through a
> > third time.
>
> What if prefix-user gets turned into something-prefix-user which gets
> turned into something-something-prefix-user which in turn goes to
> something-something-something-prefix-user?

That is no different from a director that simply adds some characters to
the local part, independently of any suffix. For example:

loop:
driver = smartuser;
new_address = "added!$local_part@$domain"

... proving that it is as easy to put Exim into a loop as is is for any
programming language ... provided that you are the administrator :-)

> Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

It's an excellent tree. Nice bark, too.

I wonder if I should put in some long-stop check, e.g. panic error if an
address gets more than 100 ancestors, or something?

Philip