Re: reject_hosts not always working?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chris Thompson
Cc: jhenders, exim-users
Asunto: Re: reject_hosts not always working?
On Tue, 27 May 1997, Chris Thompson wrote:

> > > ispam.net is in the reject.hosts file. Yet here is an example I think
> > > should have been caught by this but wasn't.
> > >
> > > 1997-05-26 18:57:41 0wWBW8-0006If-00 <= jim@???
> > > H=relay5.ispam.net [207.124.161.54] U=root P=smtp S=2633
> >
> > Is "*.ispam.net" in the reject.hosts file? The partial match won't
> > trigger for "relay5.ispam.net" otherwise.
>
> But would even this work? "relay5.ispam.net" is just what is in the HELO
> command; it doesn't forward-lookup in the DNS, nor does 207.124.161.54
> backward-lookup in in-addr.arpa [the class C network involved appears to
> be in the idci.net domain, whatever that is].

Apologies. I was clearly not thinking straight when I replied.

Start again.

I have a problem. If Exim can't look up the IP address in order to get
the name, then the function that performs the test "is the current host
in this list?" returns FALSE. It should return some form of DONTKNOW,
and leave the calling function to decide what to do.

Oh dear. Sorry about that. I've made a note to see what can be done to
improve matters.