Re: Exim and Majordomo

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Doug Sewell
A: Andy Mell
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Exim and Majordomo
Thus spake Andy Mell:

> I had majordomo up and running with sendmail. Since I installed exim it
> has ceased to work and messages intended for majordomo get stuck in the
> queue. What have I done or need to do?
>
> I suspect something needs enabling in exim. Majordomo is set up in the
> aliases file to redirect mail to a program.

I got bit by this, and someone on this list helped me out. Exim won't
run a program (or deliver to a file) as root or the exim userid, so you
have to tell it what userid to run it under.

First, I created a user "lists" and a group "lists" that contains that user.

Next, I created a /etc/aliases.prog that contains aliases like this:

nobody: /dev/null
majordomo: "|/home/majordom/wrapper majordomo ..."
list1: "|/home/majordom/wrapper resend ..."
(etc)

This just left forwards in /etc/aliases.

Third, I added a section to the exim config:

maillist_aliases:
driver = aliasfile;
user = lists;
file = /etc/aliases.prog,
search_type = lsearch

Since majordomo's wrapper is setuid, the ID it runs under isn't
significant, but I wanted a separate ID for tracking use (much like I
have a webserv user rather than running httpd as nobody).

The down-side is I have a non-programmer acquaintance heading up a
web-hosting service, that I do some support work for. Explaining WHICH
and WHY you put some aliases in one file and some in another was a bit
of a challenge. Ultimately I told him it was so no-one could hack into
his system (-:

--
Doug Sewell (doug@???) (http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/)
E-mail advertisers: put me on your "don't call, don't e-mail" list.

No one ever becomes extremely vile and wicked all of a sudden. - D.J.