Re: require_files undesirable behavior

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: T. William Wells
A: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Zmailer vs. Exim
Asunto: Re: require_files undesirable behavior
In article <Pine.LNX.3.95.970519054452.3722B-100000@???>,
Jay Denebeim <denebeim@???> wrote:
: On Mon, 19 May 1997, T. William Wells wrote:
: > Be that as it may, I've decided not to automatically run
: > .procmailrcs, which means that I don't have to test for them. That
: > eliminates this particular problem for me....
:
: Would not .forwards have the same problem?

No. Exim switches to the user whose forward file is being examined
before trying to read it. Require_files is a generic option so, in
theory, is tested before the director can know what user to switch
to. That's the theory. In actuality, exim special cases
require_files and leaves it to the director to test it. So, it
should be possible to do those tests as "the" user for those
directors that specify (explicitly or otherwise) a user.