Re: non-dedicated SMTP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Pete Ashdown
A: Mark Baker
Cc: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: non-dedicated SMTP
Mark Baker said once upon a time:

>> We have a gateway machine that people dial into to get SMTP/UUCP mail. If
>> they are SMTP based, they either have to do an ETRN or usually a
>> "rsh /usr/lib/sendmail -qRdomain.com" to get their queue flushed.

>The standard thing that demon etc do is to get pppd (or whatever you use)
>to run a script when people connect; the script then starts a queue run for
>them. Some people, generally non-unix users, won't have an smtpd running
>early enough, so you still need to arrange for a cron job or similar to try
>again occasionally if there will be PCs using the service.

As I stated above, we're already doing the "standard thing" (with rsh).
What I want to do is be able to do something like "exim -q2m" and have exim
quickly try connectivity to all the downed sites. That way, if someone is
connected, they get their mail.

The only problem I forsee is the freeze-time being too long.