locally_caseless in exim 1.62 revisited.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Friso Kuipers
A: Exim users list
Asunto: locally_caseless in exim 1.62 revisited.
Hello everybody,

I've seen a lot of mail flashing by on the locally_caseless subject I brought
up.

Some more testing reveiled that the loss of the uppercase letters in my
domainname has nothing to do with the exim version in question. It's in the
configure file. If I put "primary_hostname = GroteErg.earth" in it, I get, for
instance, "received by groteerg.earth" in my headers. If I uncomment this line
exim does the uname call and I get "received by GroteErg.earth" back.

Then I read the manual (I can recomment this to anyone. It contains information,
actually.), put some rewriting rules in configure and now all is well. Therefore
I propose to drop the subject.

If you wonder why I didn't tweak configure sooner: have you ever tried to
modifie sendmail.cf without the bat book? It bites, you know. As far as I can
see, speaking in enduser terms, the most important difference between sendmail
and exim is the human readable and writable configuration file. What I would
like though, is to have the manual in HTML format just like in the xntpd
distribution and a FAVSQ (frequently asked very stupid questions).

Greetings,
Friso Kuipers.