formmail leaving mail in queue

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Doug Sewell
A: Exim Users
Asunto: formmail leaving mail in queue

I've had problems with cgi-bin forms that mail the results (the perl
script opens /usr/lib/sendmail - exim 1.59 in my case - writes the
results to it, then closes the process pipe).

An example is http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/testfm.html. This uses the
popular formmail program (version 1.6) and except for the two lines
that require customization is right out-of-the-box. A simpler 52-line
cgi-bin script (available on request) I wrote has the same problem.

The mail delivers to me but it also hangs around in the mail queue,
locked, for hours on end, as if it's waiting for something.

Is it likely to be:
- a bug in httpd (I'm running NCSA 1.51, a little out of date but not bad
- a bug in perl (just upgraded to perl 5.003)
- a bug in exim (1.59)
- a bug in AIX (I'm running a very under-maintained 3.2.5)
- a bug in cgi-bin scripts ?
- something else ?

If anyone else has seen this, or has any suggestions, I'd be appreciative.
Users want formmail here, but I don't want to be cleaning up the mail
spool.

--
Doug Sewell (doug@???) (http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/)
E-mail advertisers: put me on your "don't call, don't e-mail" list.

No one ever becomes extremely vile and wicked all of a sudden. - D.J.