Re: Spam filtering in Exim? Does it exist?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tom Samplonius
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: Lyle Scully, exim-users
Asunto: Re: Spam filtering in Exim? Does it exist?

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> } > Also I am wondering if there is a way to limit the # of recipients on a
> } > message. Say user logs into the terminal server and fires off a spam with a
> } > message having 1000 addresses in it. I would like to accept the message but
> } > drop it from delivery. That way the spammer thinks it went out but didn't.
> } > Is this sort of thing possible? I don't even know if it is possible with
> } > Sendmail.
> }
> } You should never make mail disappear, because you could be trashing
> } legit mail without realizing it.
> }
> } Exim has a "recipients_max" option. See the manual.
>
> Maybe a better suggestion is to make a system filter file with a test on
> recipient count. If this is too high then freeze the message and deal
> with it manually.

Personally, I hate dealing with frozen mail. But some organizations
find it worthwhile to pay people to "fix" mail messages, rather than
refuse/bounce.

However, if your building a system filter file, you might as well
freeze/bounce messages with the following headers:

(I haven't looked much at Exim regexps, so this may not be quite right
for Exim)

This will block a lot of bulk-email. People who write bulk-email software
are usually on such an ego-trip that they have to find some way to "tag"
all mail sent via their software.

>     Nigel.

> --
> [ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
> [ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]
> [            Friends don't let friends use sendmail!              ]

Tom