Re: Wish list

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Christoph Lameter
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Wish list
On Fri, 2 May 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> dedicated mail server/list server that has to do 500.000 per day which

These numbers are getting *scary*.

> 1. mailq shows all already delivered addresses. That results in the
> display of a huge number of lines. I would like to see an option to
> switch the display of already delivered e-mail addresses off. This is
> already a problem in the 10.000 messages / day range.

Noted, though it is not a problem for me on our systems that deliver
15-16,000 messages a day; our queues are rarely longer than about 40-50.

> 2. Some option to just selectively display the queues for certain
> domains.

The thing is, in Exim there are no "queues for certain domains". There
is just a pool of messages waiting to be delivered. I could add an
option to output this information, but it would be doing exactly the
same work as "exim -bp | grep <domain>" - though of course that isn't
quite what you want as you probably want the whole message that
involves that domain. Some kind of perl script, perhaps...

> 3. Some kind of option to summarize how much mail is waiting for each
> machine would be good.

By count of messages? By volume? What do you do for a domain with more than
one MX? Count the message for each machine, or not? To find out which
messages are waiting for a machine Exim would have to route all the
undelivered addresses. OTOH, a summary by *domain* would be much easier.
Another "exim -bp | perl" script could do it.

> 4. Commands to unfreeze all messages or messages matching certain
> criteria.

Again, some kind of "exim -bp | perl | exim -Mf" script could do this.

> 5. eximon is unusable with huge mail queues.

I'm afraid Eximon was a hack-up of an equivalent program I hacked up for
use with smail. I always meant to re-write it... The "hide" option can
help a bit, but I realize it is not ideal.