Re: Majordomo and exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Matt
A: richard welty
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Majordomo and exim
On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, richard welty wrote:

> Matt wrote:
>
> > if someone subscribes as "user@???." with the extra . at the end of
> > the address.. it will freeze the entire sending.. not just the one
> > message. I haven't been able to figure a way around this.. I'm still
> > looking.. if someone can point me in the right direction.. I would
> > apreciate it..
>
> well, while probably exim shouldn't freeze on that (presuming that's the
> cause), if you're running majordomo 1.94 you should really turn on
> the confirm option so bogus addresses get filtered out at subscribe
> time (although i guess exim would freeze when it tried to send the
> confirmation request, so there's no clear way to win here.)

That would be fine.. except we have a few hundred lists here.. and each
list admin has diffrent needs and diffrent settings for the
subscribe_policy..

I have a list setup for testing this called nude@???.. it has a few
good addresses on it.. and one bad one I just subscribed..
"blaa@???.".. here is the error that eximon spits out.. when told to
deliver it..

-----
/usr/exim/bin/exim -v -M 0wMfJE-0005AL-00
delivering message 0wMfJE-0005AL-00
LOG: 0 MAIN
== nude-outgoing@??? D=system_aliases defer (-17):
<nude-outgoing@???> - error in alias file: domain missing
or malformed in "blaa@???."
LOG: 0 MAIN
Frozen
-----

If I remove the bad address and tell it to deliver agian it will work
fine..

Is there a way to tell exim to ingnore or dispose of any error it finds in
a list of addresses?

thanks.. :)

-Matt