Re: Strange messages with 1.61

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Christoph Lameter
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Strange messages with 1.61
On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> What is this errormessage? What does it mean and how can I stop this
> from happening.
>
> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 06:44:00 -0700
> From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@???>
> To: postmaster@???
> Subject: Message frozen
>
> Message 0wLUCD-0002C6-00 has been frozen. The sender is
> <owner-linux-newbie-outgoing@???>.
>
> The following address(es) have yet to be delivered:
> Bretter@???: smtp transport process returned a non-zero
> status (0x000b)
> JPHAHN@???: smtp transport process returned a non-zero
> status (0x000b)
> drkjster@???: smtp transport process returned a non-zero
> status (0x000b)
> no0ne@???: smtp transport process returned a non-zero status
> (0x000b)

You are getting the message because you have set freeze_tell_mailmaster
in your configuration. Since it is complaining about a subprocess, I
deduce you have also set remote_max_parallel to some number greater than
one.

The message means that when Exim ran a sub-process to deliver to that
address, the subprocess terminated with status 0x000b. This is bad and
indicates that the process died on signal 11, which on Linux is SIGSEGV
(at least on the version I looked at).

In other words, Exim is crashing for some reason. Does it do that
repeatedly on those addresses? Is it always the same addresses? Are
there any core files? Various bugs were fixed in 1.62, but nothing that
seems to relate to this.

If it is repeatable, try forcing a delivery with debugging turned on,

exim -d9 -M <messag-id>

and send me (not the list!) the output. It might give some clue as to
what the problem is.