Over-eager sender_reject

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Asunto: Over-eager sender_reject
I am finding that the sender_reject options in exim appear to be a little
over eager at times, and are rejecting valid sender domains.

The relevant settings in the config file are:-

receiver_try_verify
sender_try_verify
sender_verify_fixup
strip_trailing_dot
strip_excess_angle_brackets

However I have in the reject log entries like (I have replaced usernames
with *** for privacy reasons)

1997-04-23 03:39:23 0wJrxq-0003Vs-00 rejected from dfw-ix5.ix.netcom.com
[206.214.98.5]: cannot route to sender <***@grasmick.com>
---
1997-04-21 02:52:22 rejected MAIL FROM: cannot route to sender
<remove@???> H=cyber [209.47.21.66]
---
1997-04-21 13:30:05 reject all recipients: 3 times bad sender
<remove@???> H=cyber [209.47.21.66]
---

All of the domains have valid MX records. The DNS is correctly configured
(its a caching only server, so will work its way from the root servers,
and the root cache into is correct - hopefully the root servers are even
working currently)

It could be that some rogue name server somehow got in there and gave a
NXDOMAIN or similar... but it looks to me as though exim isn't quite
getting the difference between "I am not sure" and "This domain is
invalid". However there are some other entries which have an "unable to
resolve" which exim has allowed through...

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]