Re: several messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Pieter Immelman, Piete Brooks
Cc: exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: Batched SMTP ?
Asunto: Re: several messages
On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, Pieter Immelman wrote:

> I have one or two domains here that I know will be down for a week or
> so. Want to remove their messages from the main queue (there's 2000+
> of them) and use the "outgoing batched smtp" example in 43.10 of the
> documentation to spool it somewhere else. When the domains comes back
> online, would "exim -bS < file" get the mail moving again (after fixing
> the config) ? If not, is there another way of moving spooled messages
> out of the main queue without doing lots of manual "mv"ing ?

I think that would be OK, provided you ran the -bS thing as a trusted
user, so that the sender addresses were believed. I suggest you try an
experment first, to confirm your set up.

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Piete Brooks wrote:

>    exim -bp | perl mv.cmd

> with some suitable "mv.cmd" should avoid *manual* mv'ing.

... but don't try to do it while Exim is actually working on any of the
messages (e.g. delivering to other addressees). To do it properly you
should lock the -D file before mv'ing, since that is the lock Exim uses
to indicate it is working on a message.