Re: Mailing lists: in/out/ban sets.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Dr. Rich Artym
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Mailing lists: in/out/ban sets.
Going a little off the beaten topic here...

I have always wondered why mailing list handlers always appear to be keen
on using aliases to do the last part of mailing list delivery.

Personally, my approach would be a little different. I always want the
mailing list message to pass through a filter of some sort anyhow (ie to
munge headers, check authorisation, add boilerplate text to the top/bottom
etc), so given that it would seem nice and easy for the filter to end up
by making a BSMTP envelope - very easy - just add a MAIL FROM line to
start with and one RCPT TO for each address...., then wrap the message in
DATA/./QUIT and perform leading dot handling....

This fixes a number of other problems with aliases - not least the problem
of keeping people from shoving messages through the outgoing alias!

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]