Re: several messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dr. Rich Artym, Michelle Dick
Cc: exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: Mailing lists: in/out/ban sets.
Temas nuevos: email syntax error in forward file stops rest of file
Asunto: Re: several messages
On Sun, 20 Apr 1997, Michelle Dick wrote:

> Rich wrote:
> > There just *has* to be a better way to do this ... :-)
>
> Yes, use a mailing list manager. It isn't reasonable to expect any
> MTA to be a full-function mailing list manager.

Yes, I agree with that. (Anything to keep down the wish list... :-)

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Dr. Rich Artym wrote:

> Actually, why aren't
> all Exim string arguments expanded? I could have used the "local_parts"
> generic director option to validate against the file ${local_part}-in
> if it were an expanded string, and "except_local_parts" to validate
> against ${local_part}-ban to implement a blacklist. But the arguments
> to those options are not expanded strings so I couldn't, since the
> operation hinges on expanding $sender_address for the search.

The general answer is that it didn't seem worth expanding some strings
because I couldn't see any use for it - and so I wanted to save
resources.

I'm probably not awake yet this Monday morning, but I can't quite see
your point above. If your local part is "abcd", why do you want to
validate it using "local_parts" against a file called "abcd-in"? That
will only ever be searched for a single local part, so could only
usefully contain a single entry, "abcd". I'm afraid I've missed some
subtlety here...

If you want to have files of valid/banned local parts, what's wrong with

local_parts = lsearch;/file/of/valid/local/parts
except_local_parts = lsearch;/file/of/banned/local/parts

?

Philip