Re: "ESMTP" in banner?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tom Samplonius
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: "ESMTP" in banner?
On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Tom Samplonius wrote:

> Shouldn't the string "ESMTP" appear by default in the SMTP greeting
> banner? Some mailers won't try EHLO unless they see ESMTP somewhere in
> the banner. While Exim doesn't support a lot of the ESMTP extensions, it
> does support SIZE which is very useful.

Is this documented anywhere? First I've heard of it. Looking at the
ESMTP RFC 1651, the first example is

8.  Usage Examples

   (1)  An interaction of the form:

        S: <wait for connection on TCP port 25>
        C: <open connection to server>
        S: 220 dbc.mtview.ca.us SMTP service ready
        C: EHLO ymir.claremont.edu
        S: 250 dbc.mtview.ca.us says hello

Note the lack of "ESMTP" in the greeting...

If you want it in your banner, you can have it by setting the
smtp_banner option appropriately.