Tricking Anti-Relay Commands

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jawaid Bazyar
A: exim-users
Asunto: Tricking Anti-Relay Commands

Greetings,

on the suggestion of someone on the inet-access list (a list for ISPs
where I am plugging exim heartily ;) I tried the following:

>From a host not in our accepted relay list:

telnet hypermall.com 25
MAIL FROM: bazyar@???
RCPT TO: anyone%anywhere.com@???
... is syntactically correct

I.E., munging up the address as above causes Exim to not properly reject
this message. I suspect it ought to check to see if there's a % in the
local part and go ahead and drop the "@hypermall.com" if that's possible.

With this 'hole', spammers can still relay off my mail box. :(

Comments, suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jawaid

--
 Jawaid Bazyar              |   Affordable WWW & Internet Solutions
 Interlink Advertising Svcs |   for Small Business