IP Literal addresses -quoting?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Henders
A: exim-users
Asunto: IP Literal addresses -quoting?

I've been using a new mail client, mutt, and ran across a conflict in
the way it interprets RFC822's section on special characters and the
handling of IP literal addresses. I only just ran across it because I
never use IP literal addressing normally, but I was trying to get mail
to a sysadmin who had set up his site's MX record to point to an IP
address. Mutt will take an IP literal address such as user@???
and quote the []'s, i.e. user@"[127.0.0.1]". This seems to be done
because RFC822 specifies these characters as special and requiring
quoting, but it's unclear to me that this is meant to apply to IP
literal addresses. Exim sees the quoted address and bounces it.

Which is the correct interpretation? Should exim handle this case, or is
mutt getting it wrong?

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.