Re: 102 megabyte dbm file?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Thompson
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: dean, exim-users
Asunto: Re: 102 megabyte dbm file?
Nigel Metheringham writes

> As ever I am jumping in without reading the code, but in general unless
> the tidydb process is rewriting the db (ie reading old file, writing
> relevant bits into new file), there will be no block reclamation here, so
> unless you truncate the overall length of the file (in which case you
> reclaim the final set of blocks).

tidydb just rewrites and deletes records at the dbm interface level. I doubt
whether ndbm implementations use fcntl(fd,F_FREESP,...) to free up allocated
blocks when they can, but I suppose it is possible.

> I guess over time the file would tend to fill in as the keyspace is used
> up..

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.