Re: 102 megabyte dbm file?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Chris Thompson
Cc: Dean Brooks, exim-users
Asunto: Re: 102 megabyte dbm file?

cet1@??? said:
} There is another aspect to these files: if you run "tidydb -f" on them
} you will often find a lot of entries for long-ago-delivered messages.
} When an SMTP delivery is deferred, the msgid is registered in having
} an interest in all the hosts it might be delivered to. These don't get
} cleaned out automatically when the message finally does (or doesn't)
} get delivered, although they are removed if noticed while a delivery
} process is trying to find another extant message it might deliver to a
} host it has a working SMTP connection to.

As ever I am jumping in without reading the code, but in general unless
the tidydb process is rewriting the db (ie reading old file, writing
relevant bits into new file), there will be no block reclamation here, so
unless you truncate the overall length of the file (in which case you
reclaim the final set of blocks).

I guess over time the file would tend to fill in as the keyspace is used
up..

[unless I am talking rubbish - I guess you will quickly tell me if so]

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]