Re: EXPN on wishlist?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: rich
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: EXPN on wishlist?
On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Dr. Rich Artym wrote:

> Is the EXPN command on the to-do wishlist at all? It can be very useful
> at times, and it's not necessarily a security risk if visibility is kept
> under control using "except_domains" and "except_local_parts" exception
> filtering.

EXPN wasn't on the wishlist, but I've made a conditional entry. I need a
bit more convincing of its usefulness. (And I haven't looked at how easy
or difficult it would be to implement.) It would obviously have to be
restricted to certain hosts or networks. I don't quite see how
"except_domains" and "except_local_parts" comes into it.

It seems to me that in most situations you want to keep the information
as to how a local part is processed private to the host that is doing
the processing. With an account on that host, you can find out what Exim
will do with an address by calling it with the -bt option.