Autoreply questions

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Joe Metzger
A: exim-users
Asunto: Autoreply questions
I will soon be switching from on old system based on PP to EXIM. The
last thing I need to figure out is how to implement an autoreply feature.

I have to support a large number of addresses (hopefully less than 2K) of
users and mailing lists that are no-longer active. Mail addressed to
these users needs to be returned to the sender. The returned message
needs to contain the contents of an address specific file.

I would like to set up a simple file that maps old addresses to file
names.  I would like the file to look something like an alias file.
Ex:
    olduser1:    deleted_user.txt
    olduser2:    deleted_user.txt
    oldlist1:    oldlist1.txt

Then when a message comes in for olduser1, an automatic reply is
generated that contains the contents of deleted_user.txt and the original
message.
Can I do something like this with the autoreply transport and the
aliasfile director? Or, should I set something up with the aliasfile
director and a pipe transport.

* Joe Metzger                          Ames Office: (515)294-1939       *
* Computer Systems Engineer            LBNL Office: (510)486-5740       *
* Network Information Services Group   metzger@???                   *
* ESnet, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory  314 Wilhelm, ISU, Ames IA, 50011 *